Proclaiming The God of Life * Knowing The God of Life * Experiencing The God of Life
It was Monday, January 20, 2020, when a very unexpected thought came to me. I had just rolled over on my side to go to sleep for the night. I laid there for just a few moments reviewing my day and giving thanks to God, when suddenly I thought these words, “I’m happy”, and then I felt a profound sense of joy and peace.
I had just turned 70 a month before; I’d been a follower of Jesus since I was a child; I’d been a pastor for most of my adult life; I’d been married 49 years, had two great sons, 10 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren. I had a lot to be happy about…but…the words, “I’m happy” had never come to my mind that clearly before.
In John 10:10, Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy…” And I’ve been the victim of that thief many times throughout my life. The thief stole my father through a divorce; the thief stole my family; the thief stole my sexual innocence and purity; the thief almost destroyed my marriage; the thief almost killed my wife with cancer; the thief has stolen, killed, and destroyed my heart and spirit a thousand times over.
But the second part of what Jesus said in John 10:10 is “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Through God’s love and grace, I have come to know the PERFECT ETERNAL GOD OF ULTIMATE LIFE. The God of Life is Perfect in every way…in creation, in power, in holiness, in justice, in grace, in mercy, in compassion, in forgiveness, in peace, in healing, and in LOVE. Praise God…I have come to know and experience His love; I’ve received His life, the abundant life…and I’m happy.
That’s my story. I’d like it to become your story.
The Bible says, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life”. (John 3:16) God is so perfect in love that He has done everything eternally possible to restore everything the thief has stolen, killed, or destroyed in our lives. He restores us to LIFE…HIS LIFE.
In His Perfect Love, God became a man…Jesus Christ…to be offered as a sacrifice for sin. His death paid the penalty for our sin.
In His Perfect Love, Jesus rose from the dead. He conquered death, not just for Himself, but for everyone who believes in Him.
In His Perfect Love, God fills us with His Holy Spirit, who is GOD LIVING IN US. He fills us more and more with the Life He created us for…THE ABUNDANT LIFE OF GOD.
Dear friend, my desire is that my story becomes your story as you believe God's Story. He loves you, he died for you, and he wants you to have eternal live in Jesus Christ.
Blessings to you,
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS SUNDAY, MARCH 14TH - remember to set your clocks forward one hour on Saturday night.
"IT'S TIME TO RISE FROM THE DEAD" - EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 4TH
RECOMMENDED PODCASTS - subscribe in your app store
1) Pray The Word podcast - daily devotionals with David Platt, lead pastor at McLean Bible Church in Washington, D.C.
2) Radical podcast - sermons from David Platt, lead pastor at McLean Bible Church in Washington, D.C.
3) Southeast Christian podcast - sermons from Kyle Idleman, lead pastor at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, KY
4) The Fellowship podcast - sermons from Albert Tate, lead pastor at Fellowship Church in Monrovia, CA
5) Summit Life podcast with J.D. Greear - sermons from J.D. Greear, lead pastor at Summit Church in Durham, NC
6) Alisa Childers podcast - helping you answer "Progressive-Christianity" and skeptical claims against The True Gospel from a Biblical worldview
7) Stand Up For The Truth podcast with David Fiorazo - educating, empowering, and connecting Christians to stand up for The Truth
8) Janet Mefferd Today podcast - conversations confronting cultural influence with The Truth of God's Word
RIGHT NOW MEDIA - thousands of great video resources to help you grow in Christ, and it's free to you through First Baptist Church. Click on the link below to receive an invitation to join Right Now Media.